PUMPKINFEST 2011 UPDATE

PUMPKINFEST 2011 UPDATE

Postby Eogan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:26 am

We have been invited to participate in Pumpkinfest again this year. I know some of you have been asking whether or not we were attending again. We would be attending Saturday, October 8th from 930am to 5pm. I believe, based on last year, that we could get in after 630am to set up but all cars must be offsite by 830 (possibly 8). I'll have more details once we commit to attending.

Aidan contacted them and they'd like us to let them know by September 1st if we are attending so they can get us on the website and announced in the flyers.

Therefore, if you are planning to attend, please post here in the forums so I can let them know we have a group coming. Also, Lucrezia (or anyone else) who might happen to have photos from last year, please contact me and let me know. It would be nice to get them some updated images to use. Thanks!
Eogan

Re: PUMPKINFEST 2011 UPDATE

Postby Sol » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:08 am

Eogan,

Thank you so much for making that contact and working on this. I am definitely going to be at the demo.

Owlsherst has an invitation from Brown's Orchard to do a demo the same day. So if Skyn, Wynd, and Wyre plays at our demo, it will most likely be a small group of us, not the big group we normally have.

I will bring my pavilion. I will come early in the morn. I have one table that can be set up underneath it with items to display. I may get another table by the time it comes around. I don't know. I can demonstrate tassel making.

If people are willing to get together for dance practices like was done at Tuathflaith's for the May demo, I will gladly teach 4 or 5 easy dances that we can then get people to participate in. Aidan did a great job as dance leader. I'm willing to bring canned music, or play on the day of the demo. What ever will be best.

Regarding fighters, since Owlsherst will probably approve doing the Brown's Orchard demo, where could we recruit fighters from? Montevale? Silver Rhyll? Can we get Corwin and some of the fighters he knows to come?

Hope this helps.

YIS,

Sol
YIS,

Sol la Cantor
Sol

Postby Eogan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Greetings again,

Sol, Thanks for the response. i agree with you (and Magdalena as well) that Owlherst should attend and support their own demo. Seems silly for them to come here when they have their own event/recruiting to do :D

As far as the dances, if people are interested, then by all means set it up! A small contingent of Skyn, Wynd and Wyre would be fine (as long as their main stage at Pumpkinfest isn't as overpowering as it was last year! :shock: ) That sounds great!

Also, I like the idea of having fighters there. However, not being a fighter myself, I don't know who to contact regarding it. I know we have a few in the Shire, but I don't know of any others (personally, anyway). We'd also need to come up with a marshal. If someone has an idea of who to talk to, point me in their direction and I'll gladly go from there.

I'm open to any suggestions any of you may have. Please post your thoughts or message me directly. I think this is a great Demo to do, if we can, simply because of the number of people that attend Pumpkinfest. Lots of possibilities, to be sure!
Thanks!

addendum: forgot to mention that any demonstrations you'd like to do is fine, I think! Tassel making would be a nice addition. If any weavers/spinners are up for it, that might be a good one as well. For sure at the McLain Celtic demo next Saturday, September 3rd!

(did you like that shameless plug I threw in there at the end? ;) )
Eogan

Postby Sol » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Eogan,

Love the shameless plug. I've already mapped my route to McClain Celtic and printed the directions. Count me in.

Sol
YIS,

Sol la Cantor
Sol

Postby Eleazar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Let's do it.

I'll be there.

Eleazar
Eleazar

Postby Eogan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:19 pm

it appears as though there is definitely interest. I'll let the Pumpkinfest people know and try to get them some updated propaganda...err...advertising materials! :D

Thanks everyone!

Oh, I'll also get the demo dates to Aiden so we can get them on the Shire calendar.
Eogan

Postby Tuathflaith » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Thursday nights are open at my place for dance practice. We also have archery e/o Thursday, but there is plenty of room to do both. If it rains, my garage has enough room to practice.

It's a pity there are 2 demos on the same day! I'd love to play at both events. Sigh...
Tuathflaith

Postby Alana » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Come to archery practice! All the cool people are there! 8-)

Alana the Cool Archery Marshal
Alana

Postby Eogan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 am

I emailed the coordinators and received this back:

"We would like to place you on the same side (west) of the field as last
year, it may be closer to the middle, depending on how many people sign up
and how may rows we need.
If you have fighters, we could probably make a bigger arena this year with
some bleachers. You can setup any time after 6:30 Sat. Morning ....we
officially start at 9:30.
Just come see Cheri or me in the Morning for precise placement. I'll be on
a golf cart.

We would love to post your up to date pictures, just send them direct to me
since I'm the webmaster."

So, if anyone has photos from last year they'd like to share, please let me know. I believe I have afew...just have to find them. Also, if you know any fighters that may be interested, let me know and I'll contact them if you like.

Thanks!
Eogan

Postby aidan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:26 pm

I sent them some Photos from last years event.
Hold!!!
aidan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events