Fort Halifax Park, Halifax

This is a place to post information on sites that could be used to hold events, demos, or meetings.

Fort Halifax Park, Halifax

Postby Tuathflaith » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:41 pm

www.forthalifaxpark.org

As of 2017, this park is just being developed. There is plenty of space, but no facilities. Camping is allowed. No alcohol. They have been known to check the dumpsters. They have allowed civil war reenactors to camp for a weekend, combined with a public demo.
Tuathflaith

Re: Fort Halifax Park, Halifax

Postby Tuathflaith » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:20 pm

According to a brochure I picked up February 10, 2018, camping is alowed in a certain area near the Susquehanna River by permit. Similarly to Fort Hunter, there are two organizations involved with Fort Halifax.

Halifax Township
(717) 896-3035
halifaxtownship@comcast.net

Friends of Fort Halifax, Inc.
PO Box 565
Halifax, PA 17032
friendsofforthalifax@gmail.com

Park Address:
570 North River Road
Halifax, PF 17032
FortHalifaxPark.org
Tuathflaith

Re: Fort Halifax Park, Halifax

Postby Tuathflaith » Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm

On May 5, 2018, I attended the Fort Halifax Festival and spoke to a member of the Friends of Fort Halifax. She said that the Township decides who can use the camp, which I knew. But because the Friends groups is so closely associated with the Fort and they do French and Indian War time period, I wanted to make contact to be sure there would be no offense if the SCA used the park for Middle Ages. She said no problem at all.

I asked her about camping, and she said that it is by permit only in the camping area, but occasionally people who set up for an event are allowed to camp with their things to protect them overnight.

She also recommended that we write up a proposal for use of the park and present it at a Township meeting if we plan to do an event there, rather than just call the Township. Otherwise, the park is free to use during the day without any prior arrangements.
Tuathflaith

Return to Potential Event Sites