Black Rose Archery Practices - Reminder

Fighting

Black Rose Archery Practices - Reminder

Postby Alana » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Sent to multiple lists:

Just a reminder that during these two weeks of Pennsic, when half the Known World is out of our hair... I mean, blissfully unaware... I mean, off to War... that doesn't mean that the world stops back here at home!

We'll be holding Archery Practice here in Black Rose at Tuathflaith's house both Thursdays of War, the 4th and the 11th. We've been having some new people come out, and that's been a lot of fun! So come one, come all, come out to Archery Practice! You don't have to shoot to come shoot the... breeze! But I will have a couple of loaner bows available for those who would like to try their hand at a new skill, or freshen up an old one. If you have a bow sitting in the attic, please bring it out. Don't forget that Shire Wars is fast approaching, and Master Wulfgar's Chivalry Challenge is right around the corner, and we'll be having Archery at both events.

And have you heard? There's rumors that there will be Thrown Weapons at both events as well! How can this be, you ask? I thought only Montevale had a Thrown Weapons Marshal?? Ah, but there's that sneaky Alana... she just likes all things sharp and pointy.... So look for Thrown Weapons to be coming to an Archery Practice near you, as well! Muahahah....

Joscelin, our local Herald at Large also has been known to show up at Black Rose practices, and I've been starting to dabble in the arcana of Heraldry. So Archery Practice ain't just for archers anymore!

Come on out.... all the cool kids will be there! ;->

If you need directions to Tuathflaith's place, and are on the Black Rose forums, it's in there somewheres.... if not, just email me, and I'll pop them in an email to you. She's up by Felicita spa in Harrisburg. Oh, and it's Thursday nights, August 4th and 11th, from 5:00 ish to 8:00 ish. Then August 18th we're down at Master Victor's in Etters, then August 25th, back up at Tuathflaith's, then September 1st, Master Victor's, then September 8th, Tuathflaith's.... there's a pattern here....

Yours in Service,
Alana O'Keeve, Archery Marshal for Black Rose & Owlsherste (and anyone else that needs one)
Thrown Weapons Marshal In Training
Deputy Rose Noir Pursuivant, etc. etc. etc.
Alana

Re: Black Rose Archery Practices - Reminder

Postby Magdalena » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Winifred and I will both be there.

Mags
Magdalena

Blak Rose Archery: Arrows Found

Postby Tuathflaith » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:46 pm

There was much rejoicing on the Blak Rose archery field on Friday as the following arrows were found by Lady Martha:

One green and blue from Clan Chleirigh.
Two loaner arrows of the red shaft.
One loaner arrow of the grassy colors.
One crossbow bolt.

These arrows may be claimed from Clan Chleirigh and will be in Martha's quiver. I do not know if we can attend at Owlshurst this week, as our clan lost a clan elder today and services will be held in the kingdom of Æthelmearc this week.
Tuathflaith

Postby Magdalena » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:26 pm

A little late but our prayers are with you.

MG
Magdalena

Postby Alana » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Archery Practice is at Owlsherste this week - Thursday, September 15th, and back at Black Rose, Thursday, September 22nd. The 22nd will most likely be the last practice at Black Rose as it's getting dark earlier. Therefore it will also be the Black Rose Shire Championship! So come on out, shoot for Glory and Bragging Rights(TM) 8-)

The Owlsherste Shire Championship will be Thursday, September 29th. Again, Glory and Bragging Rights(TM). I also may have some small token of esteem for each of the winners. And they should be prepared to defend their titles at the Shire Wars, on October 22nd, or assign a Champion to do so. :shock: I am also, therefore, issuing a CHALLENGE! To Montevale and Hartshorn Dale. To produce an Archery Champion at Shire Wars! I will have a prize for the Grand Champion at a test of skill that the Archery Marshal in Charge and I shall devise. This is in addition to any prize or contest that the Archery Marshal in Charge might be running that day for the populace at large.

Yours in Service,
Alana O'Keeve
Alana

Postby Alana » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 am

Archery Practice will be this Thursday, October 6th, at 5-dusk, at Archery Marshal Tuathflaith's.

This is most likely the last 'official' Black Rose Summer Season practice. Come out and get your shots in before Shire Wars!

Yours in Service,
Alana
Alana

Postby Tuathflaith » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:18 pm

There will be a Blak Rose Archery practice at the home of Tuathflaith on Thursday, October 13, weather permitting. We will shoot as many rounds as we can before the sun sets, so be ready for a work out.
Tuathflaith

Return to Combat